This Code of Ethics applies to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and any other person performing similar functions (“Principal Officers”) of The Majestic Star Casino, LLC and its affiliates (the “Company”). This Code of Ethics is intended to deter wrongdoing and promote honest and ethical conduct (including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships); full, fair, accurate, timely, and understandable disclosure in public reports and in other public communications; compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules and regulations; proper internal reporting of violations of this Code of Ethics; and accountability for adherence to this Code of Ethics.
If you have any questions regarding the best course of action in a particular situation, you should promptly contact the General Counsel.
II. Principles and Responsibilities
In performing his or her duties, each of the Principal Officers must:
Any waiver of this Code of Ethics for any Principal Officer must be approved by the Manager of the Company and must be promptly disclosed as required by law. Requests for waivers must be made in writing to the Manager of the Company.
IV. Adherence and Accountability
Each Principal Officer will be held accountable for his or her adherence to this Code of Ethics. The failure of any Principal Officer to comply with this Code of Ethics may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Violations of this Code of Ethics may also constitute violations of law and may result in civil and criminal penalties for the Principal Officers and/or the Company.
This Code of Ethics is not intended and does not create any rights in any employee, customer, supplier, competitor, shareholder or any other person or entity.
VI. Annual Principal Officer Acknowledgment
Each Principal Officer must sign an Annual Acknowledgment verifying that he or she has read and understands this Code of Ethics and that he or she has and will continue to abide by the terms of this Code of Ethics.
- Engage in and promote honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships;
- Avoid actual or apparent conflicts of interest by complying with all current and future company policies related to conflicts of interests;
- Comply with the Company’s accounting policies and practices, and provide, or cause to be provided, full, fair, accurate, timely, and understandable disclosure in reports and documents that the Company files with, or submits to, the Securities Exchange Commission and in other public communications made by the Company;
- Comply with all applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations; and
- Promptly report any actual or suspected violations of this Code of Ethics to the General Counsel or any of the parties or channels listed in the Company’s Whistleblower Policy.